Calling all Food Champions!
The people who support them are even more amazing and dynamic. They have on-the-ground experience using food to solve city problems.
Are you committed to working toward strengthening local food systems in your community? Do you wish you had more resources, capacity and access to dynamic networks to advance your community food work?
If you have on-the-ground experience using food to solve city problems, we want your insight into the food priorities in your neighbourhood.
The TFPC is launching Food by Ward: Food Assets and Opportunities in Toronto. This resource lists and maps community food initiatives across the city so that councillors, communities, organizations and individuals can see and support the great work happening around the City more easily—but we need your help.
If you are a food leader in your community and want to help identify and promote food priorities in your ward and across the city, become a food champion!
As a food champion you will:
- Become connected to a dynamic network of food leaders across the City
- Participate in workshops aimed at sharing resources and strengthening the capacity of food champions
- Review the food by ward document to make sure the data we have compiled is accurate
- Be our contact/liaison person in your ward (we are looking for both organizations, networks and individuals to be food champions)
- Have your name listed on the TFPC website as a food champion
- Attend an event at City Hall to launch Food by Ward
- Follow up with your City Councillor to seize food opportunities identified
- Write a blog about food initiatives in your ward
Food Forward is excited to support a fabulous food event being organized to support bringing two Syrian refugee families to Toronto (ward 21).
Supper With Syria will be all about learning about a culture and increasing understanding, while sharing good food and stories. Canadian and Syrian chefs will work in pairs to prepare dinner, along with music and more.
Please support and join us by purchasing tickets and encouraging your friends and colleagues to come too.
You may also donate, or join our Food Justice Committee in volunteering at the event, at Wychwood Barns. See you then!