A Town Hall presented by Food Forward with support from the Metcalf Foundation
The local food sector is pushing forward with increased sales, innovation, and jobs. But along the way, significant challenges face businesses that are expanding with local and sustainable food.
Food Forward is hosting an important dialogue on the barriers, challenges, and strategies for the viability of the sector and its small and medium enterprises, while we explore opportunities to learn and grow. We will hear from speakers with great experience in making good food work, and want to hear from attendees with ideas, concerns, and strategies for action.
- Lesia Kohut, Eco-Pastry Chef & Social Entrepreneur, LPK's Culinary Groove
- Don Mills, Family farmer and President of Local Food Plus
- Ann Barnes, Co-Founder of Mum’s Original Superfoods
- Len Senater, Owner of The Depanneur
- Amy Cheng, Farmer and Owner of Red Pocket Farms
Moderated by Vanessa Ling Yu, Founder of FoodSpokes
You’ll enjoy this panel if you’re:
- A food entrepreneur or business person looking to learn + share
- Work for government, non-profit, foundation, or association interested in supporting the sector
- A member of the public or local food advocate looking to support change and take action
What: Panel discussion with time to connect
When: 7:00PM-8:30PM, Thursday, June 13
Where: Room 310, Metro Hall, 55 John Street, Toronto
Please: RSVP a quick note to email@example.com
Will accept a pay what you can contribution towards our Jobstarter Food Entrepreneur Training Program
Refreshments provided. Wheelchair accessible. Please contact Food Forward regarding other accommodations. Door prize from Bumpercrop!
Let folks know you're coming: Facebook event + Tweet with #foodTO
Thank you to our sponsors: